Welcome to the
Teach Well Alliance Website
Founder and CEO: Teach Well Alliance
We face a serious crisis in teacher recruitment and retention. Teachers are suffering from excessive workload and the consequences of high-stakes accountability. Burnout is the most common physical and mental health disorder reported by teachers leaving the profession. If we don't look after our teachers, how can we expect them to be able to look after our children?
Scroll down to see our guide to the website with live links to each page.
Welcome from Steve Waters
Find out how the Teach Well Alliance can help your school to implement a culture of staff wellbeing and mental health.
Click on the arrow to play the video
Watch my interview with Jeremy Hannay, Headteacher of Three Bridges Primary School.
Find out how 'There is Another Way' to lead schools and be successful.
Jeremy Hannay, Headteacher of Three Bridges Primary School in Southall, London explains why
'There is Another Way'.
Ofsted Inspection Framework
Sept 2019 Onwards
For the first time since Ofsted was formed in 1992, teacher wellbeing is included in the final judgement.
Does your school act to reduce teacher workload, improve staff wellbeing and
prevent staff bullying and harassment?
Leadership and Management
Education Inspection Framework
Click cover to download
Section 29. Inspectors will make a judgement on the effectiveness of leadership and management by evaluating the extent to which:
Leaders engage with their staff and are aware and take account of the main pressures on them. They are realistic and constructive in the way that they manage staff, including their workload.
Leaders protect their staff from bullying and harassment.
School Inspection Handbook
Outstanding Leadership and Management
Page 77. Section 277.
In order for the leadership and management of a school to be judged outstanding, it must meet all the good criteria securely and consistently, and it must also meet the additional outstanding criteria (below):
..Leaders ensure that highly effective and meaningful engagement takes place with staff at all levels and that issues are identified. When issues are identified, in particular about workload, they are consistently dealt with appropriately and quickly.
Staff consistently report high levels of support for well-being issues.
Waters Index of Leadership Support for Teachers’ Wellbeing and Mental Health
If our school were to be assessed in an Ofsted inspection on the Waters Index alone:
We would score 3 or 4 which would be 'Good' or 'Outstanding'
We would score 1 which would be 'Requires Improvement'
We would score -2 or -1 which would be 'Inadequate'
The Waters Index of Leadership Support for Teachers' Wellbeing and Mental Health is based on an interpretation of the statements in the Inspection Handbook on workload, well-being, bullying and harassment
To download our guide to the Waters Indices of Wellbeing and Mental Health, click on the image below
Waters Index of Teacher Burnout
Are you - or are the staff in your school - suffering from Teacher Burnout?
Use as an individual self-evaluation tool, or with the whole staff to get an overview
Waters Matrix: Leadership Support for Teachers' Work/Life Balance
How is your school work/life balance? How is the work/life balance of the staff?
Read how other schools have implemented a culture of staff wellbeing
Teach Well Toolkit
Our flagship programme to enable you to implement a culture of staff wellbeing and mental health.
Guiding you every step of the way.
Training and Courses
The Teach Well Alliance offers a range of training and courses on teacher wellbeing and mental health
We also customise bespoke professional development and
support for your school
We have a range of individual and
Gain recognition for your school's commitment to staff wellbeing and mental health
Solving the education crisis
We believe that the only way to solve the education crisis is to implement
a culture of whole-school staff wellbeing and mental health.
The Teach Well Toolkit, our flagship programme, supports your school every step of the way to reduce teachers' workload and improve their mental health and wellbeing.
To find out more, go to https://www.teachwellalliance.com/teach-well-toolkit.
You can also see a sample of the documents in the Teach Well Toolkit at https://www.teachwelltoolkitsample.com
'I look forward to working with you and your school'.
Sign up to receive the latest news
Get our newsletter Teach Well News sent to your inbox every Monday.
Opinions. Controversy. Good Practice.
News about latest conferences and wellbeing services.
Our website is full of content. Can't find what you're looking for?
Click on the link below and go straight to the page.
Links highlighted in red are relevant to the page you are on now
You are on the Home Page
* About me www.teachwellalliance.com/about-me
* First Aid for Mental Health Training (Ofqual Regulated) for your school, including Student Wellbeing and Mental Health Ambassador Trainingwww.teachwellalliance.com/first-aid-mental-health-schools
* Mental health training and courses www.teachwellalliance.com/training-and-courses
* Mindfulness for Teachers www.teachwellalliance.com/mindfulness-for-teachers
* Online Self-Study courses www.teachwellalliance.com/online-course
* Teach Well Toolkit programme for implementing a culture of staff wellbeing and mental health www.teachwellalliance.com/teach-well-toolkit
* Causes of Teacher Burnout www.teachwellalliance.com/causes-of-teacher-burnout
* Staff Wellbeing Resources www.teachwellalliance.com/staff-wellbeing-resources
* Wellbeing Providers www.teachwellalliance.com/wellbeing-providers
* Corona Virus School Resources www.teachwellalliance.com/corona-virus-school-resources
* Corona Virus: Screening and Cleaning www.teachwellalliance.com/covid-screening-and-cleaning
* School Awards www.teachwellalliance.com/school-awards
* Research: Teachers and Wellbeing https://www.teachwellalliance.com/research-teachers-and-wellbeing
* DFE Workload Challenge www.teachwellalliance.com/dfe-workload-challenge-schools
* Brain Cell Escape Room game www.teachwellalliance.com/brain-cell-team-building
* Books on Teacher Wellbeing www.teachwellalliance.com/books-on-teacher-wellbeing
* Publications, including back editions of Teach Well News www.teachwellalliance.com/publications
* Teach Well Alliance Information booklets www.teachwellalliance.com/teach-well-alliance-booklets
* Partners http://www.teachwellalliance.com/partners
* Conferences www.teachwellalliance.com/conferences
* Blogs and Vlogs http://www.teachwellalliance.com/blogs-and-vlogs
* Quotes www.teachwellalliance.com/quotes
Teach Well Alliance Ltd © 2020